Tuesday 16 June 2020

It's been a while, I've been busy building....a family!

OK, so I haven't posted here in, well, a long time. And a lot has happened in that time, but I'll get to that shortly.

I'm back on here because, well, isn't everything online now? Pretty much, and certainly everything at church is online, including our upcoming Kids Camp, for which I've been recruited to do a thread based on Lego. So here I am resurrecting this blog and my occasional thoughts on how my faith and Lego interact.

Since my last post in 2014 I've settled well and truly into life here in the US, got married twice (ok, legally once, but we had two weddings, one here and one the following week in Ireland) and become a dad! As a kid my excuse was always "I'm keeping my Lego for my kids..." I may have to start sharing at some point in the next few years now! I've also moved house 3 times, which means I'm onto my third US layout, pics of which are included. I'll do another post about the 2nd one soon.

With Kids Club coming up, I'm reflecting on the theme of "Love Under Construction", to help children see that their relationship with God is an ongoing thing that sometimes needs repair/rebuilding/adjusting and so on. 10 years ago if you had told me I'd be where I am now and ridiculously happy in that place, I would have laughed in your face. But the journey I have been on, both literally in moving over here, and in the growth and learning I've done, has been phenomenal, I've met wonderful people, and grown my Lego collection enormously, which can't be bad.

I'm at the very early stages of this layout, I'll post about the plans etc next week, but it's a stage I love, seeing things begin to take shape, but knowing they'll change as I go along. As I look back on the last few years, I can see so many times I was a project under Love's construction as God has continued to reshape me and mold me into who he wants me to be. My plans for Kids Club may change, but that's ok. Lego, life, and love all require a bit of flexibility. 

No comments:

Post a Comment