Tuesday 11 March 2014

Life-landmark Sets

As well as my train layouts, I have a fondness for the larger Lego Technic sets, and spent 9 hours yesterday building my latest addition, the crane on the left. (Image courtesy Brickset.com/lego.com) It's another of my "lifemark" sets - a set bought to mark an occasion in my life (in this case leaving the Toton Churches, thank you for the gift which enabled the purchase!) or that just have particular memories attached to them.

Among others I still have a train my grandparents bought me for my 13th birthday, the large Technic car that prompted my Mum (when I was 14) to suggest I had enough Lego, maybe I should stop buying it? and a 4x4 friends gave me for my 30th birthday. They didn't listen to my Mum!

All of those sets are kept intact, only dismantled when travelling/moving house and haven't been mixed into the rest of my collection of parts. It's not just that they are impressive models, but they do remind me each time I see them of a particular time/place/season in my life and I look forward to remembering my time in Toton with much fondness. God has been active throughout my time here, using a broken and fragile me to grow his Kingdom. I'm truly thankful for all my experiences here, even the challenging and difficult times for I've seen how God moves in all of them and how he has grown me through those experiences.

To everyone in Toton, particularly the children and teenagers whose lives I've been privileged to share in, thank you. Thank you for the times we have laughed and cried together, for the memories you've created for me,the cards, the gifts of tea pots, t-shirts, chocolates and now Lego that will travel with me to America, but thank you most of all to "the God who spoke my heart into existence" who was with me through it all, leading and guiding and whom I trust entirely as I make my move to the US. I know as I follow where he leads I will soar on eagles wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment