Tuesday 11 March 2014

Looking Forward... ...to change





 It's always a sad day to dismantle a layout, particularly one that was the first one you displayed publicly, and the layout that inspired this blog was packed up and put into storage several months ago once I had been interviewed for the job at Williamsburg UMC in Virginia. That though, was only the beginning of my next layout...

What it will look like when built I'm not at all sure, in the same way as I take this step of faith to move to the US, I'm not sure how it will evolve, but God has a plan, just as I do for the next layout.

It's similar to the last one, but with an extra two sections added on the left as you look at the plans here to extend the track on the lower deck to give space for a countryside section with possible a river/lake/something flowing through it. From the top the images show the lower track level, the upper track level and the two combined. As always I'll be running 12v and 9v systems.

One of the joys of building for me is the evolution of the idea into the plan into the actual layout with numerous changes along the way, it will change is something I have in mind all the way through a build. I have ideas and thoughts for my move to the US and for the youth group I'll be working with, but ultimately I want to seek God's plan first and fit my ideas around his not the other way round, and when you do that, you can be sure there will be change. Whatever it may bring, I'm looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment